10:30 AM – ONLINE ONLY
Presenter: Rev Jenny Peek
Note: Due to the COVID-19 coronavirus the Magic Valley Unitarian-Universalist Fellowship will not have an in-person service this Sunday in Twin Falls. Instead the service will be presented using the online platform Zoom. If you have not used Zoom before please read our instructions for meeting online at this link.
Many of us may relate with Rev. Jenny’s sermon, “Lessons From Cars”, as she will share some of her favorite stories of the cars she has driven. Sometimes hilarious, sometimes tender and bittersweet, 40+ years of driving has provided ample opportunity for learning to be more consciously human.
Join Zoom Meeting on the internet:
Meeting ID: 358 141 784
OR, by telephone (audio only):
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 358 141 784
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/a7aXdHa0
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,358141784# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,358141784# US (San Jose)
Unitarian Universalism honors the differing paths we each travel. Our congregations are places where we celebrate, support, and challenge one another as we continue on our spiritual journeys.
Unitarian Universalists covenant to affirm and promote the inherent worth and dignity of every person; justice, equality and compassion in human relations; and acceptance of one another. Newcomers of all religious paths or none at all are always welcome.
During the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, for an indefinite period, the Magic Valley Unitarian-Universalist Fellowship will not have an in-person services. Until further notice, we will be using the ZOOM online platform. In order to help you get ready, we are posting some instructions here to help you continue to engage with MVUUF and with each other during this virus outbreak.
How does Zoom work?
Using Zoom is free and requires nothing more than a phone call, unless you would like to engage in the video portion of the meeting.
You can connect to our services using ZOOM by:
- smart phone (using an internet wifi connection or a data plan)
- a tablet,
- a computer (Windows, Mac, Linux),
- a telephone call (for audio only),
If you wish to listen using a simple telephone only, you will use the phone number provided to call in, then you will use the Meeting ID number to join the Zoom meeting.
- For much of the service, you may be muted by the host so that you and everyone can hear what the main speaker says. This is normal.
- There are times you may wish to join a “coffee hour” or other part of the meeting where you are able to speak to others. If you have ambient (background) noise nearby, like fans, radio, equipment, or other equipment, it may be be picked up by your microphone and nobody will be allowed to hear you to address this please choose a quiet room to start your session.
- If connecting by yourself in a noisy environment, use a headset with a built in mic.
- It is recommended anyone wishing to participate get ready by installing zoom clients and apps on their devices ahead of time, to avoid missing parts of a meeting while you try to make everything work.
TO INSTALL the Zoom client ahead of time (recommended), please visit this link:
TO TEST YOUR CONNECTION ahead of time (recommended):
Once you have installed Zoom on your smart phone, tablet, or computer, you can visit the following link to make sure everything works as expected:
Take your time and make sure your audio and video are working. If you have further questions or wish to explore various other support issues regarding Zoom, use a search engine like Google or visit this link:
Once set up, follow the connection instructions in the service announcement. A phone number and meeting ID number will be provided for your connection. That’s all you need!
List of upcoming services